- Needed to further improve the ease of taking payments
- Wanted to reduce the cost of processing card payments in the call centre
- Needed to seamlessly integrate with multiple back-end systems
- Marston can now offer 24/7 payments to their customers
Marston Holdings is the UK’s largest judicial services Group, with over 2,000 employees and enforcement agents, 500 clients and a database that processes over 1.5 million cases every year.
With their increased growth and success, including multiple awards in customer service and credit enforcement, they needed to further improve the ease of taking an increased number of payments at any one time 24/7, 365 days a year.
Reducing the cost of processing credit and debit card payments in the call centre was made a key business objective. Key IVR were tasked to design and implement a system that would enable Marston customers to self-service their payment requirements.
The solution needed to authenticate the caller, inform them of their outstanding balance and accept full or part payment. The handling of large call volumes was a requirement. The service needed to be easily managed by Marston via an automated method and have the ability to handle the resulting reconciliation information. The service also needed to seamlessly integrate with multiple back-end systems across several departments.
Security, scalability and ease of use were key factors when designing this solution. With Marston’s unique style of brand, coupled with user friendly design, the resulting solution offers Marston and their clients the following benefits:
- Significantly increased access to account balance information
- A fully level 1 PCI DSS compliant solution
- The ability to settle an outstanding balance
- Spread payments across multiple cards during a single call
- Cost effective solution with zero impact on current infrastructure.
“Marston are now able to offer clients 24-hour access to balance information with automated payment functionality. A reduction of inbound calls directed at the contact centre has saved them money; enabling then to increase the level of customer service received by callers for non-payment related issues.”